When do you become old?

So, when do you become old?  At 1 day you are no longer 1 minute.  As a teenager, you think 30 is old.  At 25, you think that is a quarter of a century.  At 30, I thought, well thirty isn't old.  At 39, I thought, oh I am almost 40, but forty was not a big deal.  I turned 45 yesterday, is that old?  Inside I still feel young, my body tells me so much more.  The eyes are not as good as they used to be, nor is my back.  Memory, well that could be much better.  But does any of that truly mean a person is old?  We start using the word old at 1 day OLD.  So is a one day old, then old?  As with most things in our society, words describe so much.  Often times changing the way we see ourselves.
For instance, the word normal.  Well, what is normal?  Who decides, who is normal?  We are as God makes each and everyone of us.  Did he really make some so called normal and some abnormal.  We are who we are, God made each and everyone of us special.  He makes no mistakes.  He gives us our family, our friends, and we are rounded by each and everyone of them, to become who we are.  See what I mean, so back to the word old. 
We have the Old Testament of the Bible, which was the beginning of time.  We have the New Testament, which came later, and was Christ's time.  At 45, my life is probably half over.  My grandmother lived to be 104, so maybe not.  But as of today, I have decided, I am not old.  I am in the New part of my life.  The parts of my body may not be new, but they tell the story of the old me.  It is time to see a new beginning, instead of an ending.  Well, Shelly, welcome to the beginning of life, 45.  Hears to a brighter future. Goodbye, OLD!  I am 45 years NEW!
God's blessings to all out there that have entered the New Testament of your lives.

Comments

  1. You are still younger then my parents... and my parents are FAR from old!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blessings from Heaven

Two years, what has changed?

Time Flies