The Simple Things

Get out of the chaos of everyday life and get back to the simple things.  My idea of the simple things are spending time with my family, picking berries, and baking.  Do I do these daily?  Of course, not.  But strive to get my life back in order to accomplish them more often. 

Today, I want to share my bread recipe.  This is my basic recipe that I use for all breads.  I just change it to suit my families needs for the day.

Homemade White Bread

1 Cup Milk
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp butter or oil
2 Tbsp sugar or honey
3 Cups flour
1 Tbsp yeast

I use a bread maker for mixing.  Ingredients go into the bread maker in the order listed.  I like the bread maker because I don't have to be concerned about the rising temperature or time.  I put it on the dough setting and it is ready in 90 minutes.  I take it out and make rolls or loaf.   I put it in the oven at 170 degrees til it has risen to the size I want, then turn the oven to 350 degrees, til bread reaches 200 degrees.

Is your mouth watering yet?  Not quite?  Oh, yes, serve hot with butter.  There now that is better.

Bring your family back to simpler times.  You will be glad you did.  Enjoy the life God has given you and make the most of every moment you can share with your family.

Comments

  1. I'll try this at home, and let you know how it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like it, I will give you a few variations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blessings from Heaven

Two years, what has changed?

Time Flies